12th Annual Early Childhood Mental Health Conference – We Can’t Wait!
from COVID, Conflict and Chaos: Creating a Resilient Future for our Children and Communities
September 23-25, 2021
At the conclusion of this activity, the participants should be able to:
- Review the neurobiological nature of the developing brain and recognize how it is directly shaped by interpersonal experiences
- Identify ways to translate science-to-practice and implement interventions that will improve outcomes for children and families facing multiple challenges
- Discover proven methods to help children learn self-management skills while collaborating to make the home and classroom a peaceful and productive environment for young children
- Create partnerships among healthcare, education, behavioral health, and child welfare professionals to positively support a child’s developmental experience
- Identify best practices in social-emotional support and strategies for cultivating a positive classroom culture that extend to the home and community
The target audience includes those involved in providing assessment, treatment, education, support, and advocacy for children and families. Attendees will include psychiatrists, pediatricians, marriage and family therapists, social workers, psychologists, mental health workers, substance abuse and addiction professionals, counselors and case managers, nurses, OT/PT, teachers, educators, child welfare workers, early childhood education providers, childcare specialists, mental health administrators and other healthcare and educational providers.